When you learn how to do the classic tricep extension, you build a foundation for your sexy arm workouts.
There are many variations of this best tricep exercise!
Let's rip it up!
We'll start with a cable or tubing extension.
- Grab a set of tubing or use the cable system at the gym.
- We're going to pull down the weight/resistance.
Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.Pull your belly button in toward your spine and hold.Pull your shoulder blades back and down. Hold.Hold the tubing/rope in your hands with your elbows bent at a 90 degree angle.
- Put the center of your tubing around a bar to create resistance.
- Attach a rope to the upper part of a cable system if you choose.
Inhale. Exhale and extend your arms pressing your hands towards the floor keeping them in line with your shoulders.Bring your hands back to starting positions.You have just completed one repetition!Do 2 to 4 sets, 10-15 repetitions each.
- Elbows are at your sides, but not touching your sides.
- Forearms are parallel to the ground.
Remember to record your workouts! You've worked hard, write it down and track your progress!
You're one step closer to your fitness goals and your ideal body!
Return to our tricep exercises index.
Return to beginner triceps workout #1.
Return to our home page from tricep extension.