Treadmill Workout Beginners...Get Ready to Work it Out!
Get ready to pump up your heart rate with treadmill workout beginners! Discover a variety of beginner workouts from walking on a treadmill to treadmill interval training. You've found your resource for getting in your workout at YOUR level!
Avoid confusion and injury! Take the time to explore and learn your treadmill, it's features, and how it works. Break out that owner's manual and check out your mode options, speed and incline controls, safety card, etc.
Practice getting on and off of your treadmill before beginning your workout.
It is recommended that you stand on the stationary sides of the machine and get the belt moving. Once the belt is moving at a speed of 1.0 to 1.5, step on it and start moving! Now you can increase your speed!
To end your workout, gradually slow the speed down to stopped and then exit.
Now You're Ready to Choose a Treadmill Workout Beginners!
- Novice Treadmill Workout If you are brand new to working out, start with a simple 10 minutes of walking on the treadmill. You can increase your speed to as much as 3.0 in this workout.
Once you are comfortable with this and no longer feel challenged, increase your time on treadmill to 15 minutes. You may also increase your speed .5 at a time. For example, go up to 3.5 during your workout and then back down. Add 5 minutes at a time until you reach 20 minutes.
- Ramping It Up: Walking On A Treadmill
Once you've been on your treadmill for 1 to 3 months, you'll want to vary your workouts. Walking workouts are a great way to get your heart rate up and begin using your leg muscles.
Now that you've been doing 20 minute workouts on your treadmill, you are ready to increase your incline! What's that? The incline is the ramp position. Raise your ramp position to increase your workout intensity, lower the ramp to decrease.
- Duration: 20 minutes
- Speed: Begin at 1.5 and gradually increase to 3.5 withing the first 5 to 7 minutes.
- Incline: Begin with no incline, at 3 minutes, increase incline to 1.5.
- When comfortable, increase incline to 2.0
- Next, raise incline to 2.5 at 7 minutes. Remain here until this incline setting is easy for you.
- Gradually increase incline to 3.0.
- At 15 minutes decrease incline gradually to the lowest available setting.
Go to Top.
Go to our home page from treadmill workout beginners.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.