Combine Circuit Training with Intervals for Maximum Fat Loss with Total Body Workouts E
Here is another killer workout from our total body workouts collection. Maximize your workout and use your time efficiently as you torch the fat and sculpt your muscles! Get ready to work hard as you get closer to your fat loss goals.
Always begin with a warm up.
Total Body Workouts E
A: Jump rope for 2 minutes at a high intensity. Rest for 30-60 seconds, then move directly into circuit B.
Go directly from exercise to exercise in the B circuit with no rest. Complete the circuit 3 times, rest 30 seconds, and return to the jump rope interval.
B1: Overhead Walking Lunge
- Hold a barbell overhead with straight arms.
- Lunge forward with your right leg keeping the barbell overhead.
- Come up and lunge forward with your left leg, keeping the barbell overhead.
- Alternate lunging left and right, walking forward as you go, keeping the barbell overhead throughout your set.
- Complete 10 to 15 repetitions per leg for a total of 20 to 30 lunges.
B2: Super Burpee
- Begin standing upright.
- Squat down, and thrust legs back so you are in a push up position. (squat thrust)
- Do a push up.
- Bring legs back to sqatting position, stand up and jump with arms overhead.
- Complete 10 repetitions.
B3: Sliding Side Lunge
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart.
- Place right foot on a rag or old t-shirt on a wood or tile floor, something with slide.
- Slide right foot out to the right to a full lunge position. Keep weight over your left leg.
- Use leg muscles to come back to starting position
- Complete 10 to 15 repetitions on each side.
A: Jump rope for 2 minutes at a high intensity. Rest for 30-60 seconds and move directly into circuit C.
Move from exercise to exercise in the C circuit with no rest. Complete the circuit 3 times, rest 30 seconds, and then return to the jump rope interval.
C1: Squat With Single Arm Tubing or Cable Row
- Begin standing with feet hip width apart, turned out.
- Hold Tubing or cable in right hand.
- Squat making sure knees are over toes and abs are in tight. Left arm is at your side, right arm is straight in front of you.
- As you come up, row with your right arm initiating the movement with your back muscles. Follow through engaging your arm muscles.
- Hold for 2 seconds
- Return to your starting position, squatting and releasing arm forward.
- Complete 10 to 12 repetitions on each arm.
C2: Wood Chop With Medicine Ball
- Begin standing with feet hip width apart holding medicine ball with both hands.
- Reach medicine ball up to the right with straight arms, hips facing forward.
- Squat down and at the same time bring medicine ball down and to the left with straight arms as though you are chopping wood.
- Return to standing as you bring the medicine ball up and to your right.
- Complete 10-12 repetitions on each side.
- ***Use a medicine ball that is heavy enough to challenge you while keeping proper form.***
C3: Stability Ball Rollouts
- Begin kneeling on the floor or a mat. Place your hands on the center of a stability ball in front of you with bent elbows.
- Roll forward straightening your arms and bringing your body forward until your body is in a straight line from ankles to neck.
- Hold here for 3 seconds.
- Return to your starting position.
- Complete 10 repetitions.
A: Jump rope for 2 minutes at a high intensity. Rest 30 to 60 seconds and move directly to the D circuit.
Move from exercise to exercise in the circuit without rest. Complete the circuit 3 times, rest 30 seconds and return to the jump rope interval.
D1: Lunge with Cable Lat Pull Down
- Stand in the center of the cable system. Use handle attachments and position high on the system.
- Hold one attachment in each hand with right leg front, left leg back.
- Lunge with body in center of legs and pull cable bringing elbows down and in using the large muscles in your back to initiate the movement.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
- Complete 8-10 repetitions on each leg.
D2: Reverse Hyperextension on Ball
- Begin with your belly on the ball and feet on the floor, knees bent.
- Place hands behind your head and lift chest up and back using your low and mid back.
- Hold for 2 seconds.
- Return to the starting position.
- Complete 10-12 repetitions.
A: Your final jump rope interval! Jump rope for 2 minutes at a high intensity.
You made it! That was some intense total body workouts. Be sure to stay well hydrated throughout your workout and do some stretching when you are through.
Return to the top of this page.
Return to total body workouts index.
Go to our homepage from total body workouts E.