"Ever Wondered How To Do Sit-Ups...Right?"
Sit-ups are one of the oldest known ab exercises. These are an effective means of working the abs when performed properly.
Believe it or not, this exercise can be considered intermediate or advanced.
If you are a beginner, try the pull in, crunches, or plank for starters.
"How To Do Sit-Ups"
- Begin lying face up on the floor or a yoga mat.
- Place hands behind your head without pulling on your head or neck.
- The soles of your feet are on the floor with knees bent.
- Pull your belly button in toward your spine and hold.<.li>
- Inhale, exhale, using your abdominal muscles, pull your upper body up until you are sitting upright.
- Inhale and lower your body back to the floor.
- Be sure to keep your lower body stable with feet planted on the floor throughout this exercise.
- Come all the way up and back down to the floor to complete one repetition.
- Challenge yourself by keeping your upper body off of the floor when you come down.
- Complete 2 to 3 sets of 10 to 15 repetitions.
Return to the top of sit-ups page.
Return to our abdominal workouts.
Return to our home page.