"Captain's Chair: Rip Up Your Abs And Your Gym Workouts"
The captain's chair provides one of the best gym workouts for abs, all around. This happens to be one of my personal favorites!
Let's get started.
"Captain's Chair How To"
- Use a bench or chair to climb up to the captain's chair.
- Place your back flat against the pad using your forearms to lift your body on the arm pads. Hold.>/li>
- Keep your shoulders down away from your ears and hold the handles.
- With your belly button pulled in towards your spine , raise your knees to your chest using your abdominal muscles.
- If you are advanced, keep your legs straight as you raise them up to a 90 degree angle to your body.
- Lower your legs to the starting position. You have completed one repetition.
Perform 2 to 3 sets of 10 to 15 repetitions each.
- To hit your oblique muscles as well, lift your legs up with knees to one side.
- Repeat with knees to the other side.
- Remember to breathe! Inhale on the way down and exhale as you exert your energy to raise your legs up.
Return to the top of this page
Return to our abdominal workouts
Return to our home page from gym workouts: captain's chair