Discover the benefits of green smoothies and how you can make them in your own kitchen!
Skip to green smoothie recipes
- More energy: Daily green drinks boost your energy levels. You can look forward to feeling vibrant and clear headed.
- Improved nutrient absorption: When fruits and vegetables are blended, the cell structure is ruptured making it easier for your body to absorb the necessary nutrients. What does this mean for you? It means that every cell in your body will get what it needs from the green smoothie you are ingesting. This process begins right inside your mouth, and continues throughout your digestive system into your bloodstream and finally to the cells. When our cells are nourished, we no longer feel hungry, looking for foods we don't really want and still finding nothing appealing. Enjoy those greens!
- Weight Loss/Body Balancing:When our cells are nourished and we feel satisfied, we no longer search out "empty" calories as our quest for nutritional satisfaction continues. Green smoothies give you energy and nutrition that allow your body to function better. As the body's efficiency improves, it can balance itself out and shed unnecessary weight.
- Regular Digestion (Warning, Bathroom Talk!):Getting rid of waste is as important for a healthy body as what you fuel it with. Most people don't want to discuss bathroom habits, however powerful toxins are released when you have a bowel movement. If you are not emptying your gut daily, preferable multiple times daily, your body is holding onto these toxins.
The fiber in the greens and fruits of choice help to "scrub" the intestines, gently releasing toxins and pulling out unwanted debris. Colon health is often touted as the key to optimal health. How is your colon functioning? Are you heading to the bathroom and releasing a bowel movement 2-3 times daily?
- Radiant Skin: As you take out the garbage with regular digestion, your skin will be noticeably more radiant. Why? Toxins are no longer trapped in your cells looking for an escape. When your liver is overloaded with toxins, they have to come out another way, often via the skin.
- Increased intake of Fruits and Vegetables: Anything new can be overwhelming. We all know we want to increase our daily servings of fruits and vegetables, but eating all of that produce? Blending these ingredients is a fast, easy way to increase vital nutrients daily.
- Increased Desire for Greens: As you incorporate green smoothies into your morning routine, you will find, over time a hankering for green salads and such. As the body becomes balanced, it will tell you what it needs, thus the increased desire for greens. Making greens a significant part of your diet improves your overall health.
- Easy Clean Up: Blended smoothies are super easy to clean up. It's easiest when you wash your blender parts as soon as you are finished pouring your last smoothie. This way it's all cleaned up and ready for the next smoothie without stuck on fruity residue.
Making blended recipes couldn't be simpler. All you need is a blender and ingredients of your choice!
You'll want to use some sort of liquid base, i.e. water, orange juice, etc.
Choose a recipe, gather the desired fruit and greens, and blend away.
*Be sure to read the directions for your blender before making smoothies!*
Check out my green smoothie recipes here
Return to the top of green smoothies
Go to our home page