"Daily Workout Schedules
Made Simple "
Taking the time to sit down and create concrete daily workout schedules is an important first step toward building the body you want.
Fitting in your strength training routines and cardiovascular workouts takes careful planning. You'll save tons of time and get your workouts in when you plan your exercise throughout the week.
Create Your Daily Workout Schedule
I'll walk you through this step by step. You'll be amazed at the pockets of time you'll find for fitting your workouts in!
- Pick a planning day that works for you and grab a calendar so you can get a look at the week ahead. No more guessing...let's write it down!
- What works best for you? A calendar? Spreadsheet? Cell phone? PDA?
- Choose what you are most likely to look at every day.
- Write down all of your obligations for the week, i.e work, family, school, etc. Fill in everything you can think of. Do you have an appointment with the dentist? Your hairstylist? A project to complete? Write it all down!
- Look at the pockets of time between events. How much time is there?
- 10 minutes?
- 20 minutes?
- 30 minutes?
- an hour or more?
- This is where you'll schedule your daily workout routines!!!
- Don't worry about the time of day you have to work out. Just fit it in where you have the time. The type of workout will be determined by how much time you have! It's as simple as that.
- You already have the time, just find those pockets and schedule in your workout!
Daily Workout Schedules Fit Your Lifestyle
Now that you have found time slots for exercise, let's figure out what you can fit into those slots to move toward your goals.
Your fitness goals will determine which exercises you choose.
Getting some exercise daily is terrific. Even if you fit in 10 minutes of walking or weight training.
To melt that fat away choose cardio workouts 3 to 5 times a week for 20 to 30 minutes.
To build muscle and lose fat, do strength training exercises at least 3 times per week.
You can fit strength training exercises in as little as 10 minutes! You're on your way and pretty soon you will have your first week of daily workout schedules complete.
You're doing one of the most important parts right now, the planning part!
Look at your calendar and locate those blank spaces between events/activities. You've discovered found time!
Now let's plug in our exercises.
Now that you've planned 3 days of cardio and at least 3 days of strength training exercise, you are on your way to your ideal body.
The key to success is using MAP! Motivation, Action, and Planning! Use these three components and reach your goals!
Now that you have your daily workout schedule in hand...you can get started! What are you waiting for?
Ready, Set, Go!!!
Return to the top of this page.
Return to our home page from daily workout schedules.
Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.