The chest fly is a basic exercise that builds chest muscle for a lean, sexy, strong upper body. The many variations of this best chest exercise will keep your workouts fresh!
Remember to log your progress on your workout sheets for maximum results.
Ready to rip up those pecs?
"Strong, Sexy Chest Muscles Are Yours"
- Grab a set of dumbbells and an adjustable bench or stability ball.
- Set the bench to a high angle.
- Sit with your feet on the floor about shoulder's width apart, back on the bench.
- Pull your belly button in towards your spine and hold.
- Pull your shoulder blades back and down.
- With a dumbbell in each hand, raise your arms straight out from your shoulder.
Inhale, exhale, and using your chest muscles, slowly bring the weights up and in front of you, palms facing one another.Slowly lower back to your starting position keeping your arms straight.
- Be sure to keep a slight bend in the elbow.
- Keep the weights in front of your shoulders.
Complete 2 to 3 sets of 10-15 repetitions each.
Congratulations! You've completed another strength training exercise! Record what you've accomplished and give yourself a pat on the back!
Return to beginner chest workout #1.
Return to our index of chest exercises.
Go to our home page from chest fly.