"The Bicycle, Another Chosen
From Our Best Ab Exercises"
The bicycle is one of the best ab exercises there is and it is a classic. Why? With this one simple exercise you can hit all of your ab muscles!
Take your time and learn how to do it right! Before you know it you'll enjoy ripped abs you'll love to show off. Plus, the core strength you'll build will help you in your every day activities.
"It's Like Riding A Bicycle"
- Begin lying on your back, hands behind your head but not pulling on your head or neck, knees bent to 90 degrees, feet in the air.
- Pull your belly button in towards your spine and hold.
- Inhale, exhale and extend your right leg while using your abdominal muscles to pull yourself up and twist over to the left knee as you draw your knee in to meet the elbow.
- Inhale as you extend the left leg while bringing your right knee in to meet the left elbow.
- Alternate legs and arms as you continue in a pedaling fashion.
- One repetition includes alternating sides.
- Complete 10-15 repetitions per set.
- Complete 2 to 3 sets.
Return to the top of this page.
Return to our free abdominal workouts page.
Return to our home page from best ab exercises: the bicycle .