"Raised Leg Scissors
From Our Best Ab Exercises Collection"
The raised leg scissors is another great one from our best ab exercises collection.
You'll kick it up another notch with this exercise as you combine the leg raise with a scissor kick! Add this one to your MAP and get the results you want!
"Get ready to rock out your abs!"
- Begin lying face up on the floor or a yoga mat.
- Inhale, exhale and pull your belly button in toward your spine.
- Now, raise your legs 6 to 8 inches off of the floor keeping your hands at your sides if you are a beginner.
Now, inhale, exhale and begin to scissor your legs as you raise them to directly above your hips and back down to your starting position.Remember to breathe!
- For more advanced folks, place your hands behind your head without pulling on your head or neck.
Repeat the exercise scissoring your legs up and then down to complete one repetition.
- Inhale on the down and exhale on the way up
One set equals 10 to 15 repetitions
Do 2 to 3 sets of the raised leg scissor.
Return to the top of this page
Return to our free abdominal workouts
Return to our home page from best ab exercises: raised leg scissors