"From Our Best Ab Exercises
Collection...The Pull In"
The pull in is the foundation for every exercise you will do for any body part! It's one of our best ab exercises for a good reason!
Learning how to do the pull in, and using it throughout your daily activities will lead to a strong core and sexy abs.
You'll be shocked at the level of strength and stability gained by learning and implementing this one little exercise.
Guess what! You can do this one anywhere. Learn how to do it right and you're on your way to a lean and mean midsection.
This exercise works your internal abdominal muscle. This muscle acts like an internal weight belt. It holds your internal organs in place and supports your lower back..
Looking to relieve lower back pain? Get the pull in right and experience support for your lower back, pain free!
Pretty big job for a muscle, huh? Let's give your internal weight belt a workout!
"Here's how the pull in works."
- To get the hang of this exercise, lie on the floor with your legs bent, feet on the floor.
- Inhale, exhale and pull your belly button toward your spine as much as you can and hold.
- Release and repeat 10 to 15 times.
- Rest and do two more sets of 10 - 15 repetitions.
"Tips For Getting The Pull In Under Your Belt"
- For reference, place something on your belly, a small ball, a stuffed animal, etc. so you can see the movement happening.
- Your belly should be getting thinner when you pull your belly button toward your spine.
- Once you have the hang of this, you can do it while walking around.
- Notice that your buttocks tuck under and your lower back is supported when performing the pull in.
Return to the top of this page.
Return to our free abdominal workouts page.
Return to our home page from best ab exercises, pull in.