Learn How to Do the Row from our Best Back Exercises With Dumbbells Collection
The dumbbell row is a great back strengthening exercise. Master this
back exercise with dumbbells and you'll have a great upper back exercise
under your belt.
- flat weight bench, chair, or stability ball
- Aim for 12 to 15 repetitions per set
- Choose a weight that allows you to hold your form throughout the set, yet challenges you in the last few repetitions.
- Place left knee and hand on flat bench. Make sure back is flat
- Pull your belly button toward your spine to support your lower back, and hold.
- Hold dumbbell in your right hand and let it hang below your right shoulder.
- Squeeze right shoulder blade toward center of back and bring elbow up slightly past back.
Lower weight to starting position, controlling dumbbell the entire way.Repeat 12 to 15 times to complete 1 set.
- Keep elbow at a 90 degree angle with wrist under elbow.
Go to top of page.
Return to our home page from back exercises with dumbbells row.